Training should be viewed as a business value for your organization. There are measurable and hidden qualities that determine the health and well-being of an organization, drive decision-making for all work activities, and attract investors. A well trained workforce is definitely a quality that your organization needs to succeed.
Five ways you can increase the payback of your training dollars
- Make training on ongoing process, and reassess training needs frequently to make sure you’re meeting today’s needs, not yesterday’s.
- Encourage employees to talk about their training needs and request additional training.
- Provide employees with opportunities to use newly learned skills on the job.
- Make sure your training is comprehensive, interesting, and interactive, and gives employees the chance to practice new skills in a safe setting.
- Send employees back to work with learning aids such as checklists, step-by-step instructions, and safety reminders that help them safely and effectively transfer newly learned skills to their job.